This recipe is courtesy of Sadie Radinksy, a 14 year old Paleo prodigy of Goodies Against The Grain.
- 5 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 ½ cups freeze-dried strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup pure maple sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of your mixer. Whip on high until stiff peaks form and egg whites become white and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the coconut, freeze-dried strawberries, maple sugar, and honey.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet. Make sure to pack the dough firmly into the scoop, before dropping onto the sheet.
- Bake the macaroons for 25 minutes. Let cool fully before serving.
- *You can replace the maple sugar with equal amounts of coconut sugar, but the macaroons will be darker in color and stronger in coconut flavor 🙂
Sadie is a 14 year-old baker and lover of scrumptious, organic food.
Baking healthy treats is her passion. She adores scouring Farmers’ Markets and hunting for fresh, seasonal ingredients to experiment with in the kitchen. She is excited to share her recipes that she’s created, with the world! All the recipes you will find on her website are paleo; grain, gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar-free!
She hopes you enjoy making her treats! Please share! If you have any questions, feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow her on social media: