This recipe was contributed courtesy of Donna Fontaine, of Primal Recipe Tester.
Fall is a favorite season for the flavors of apple and cinnamon, and if you are a fan of the two, this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Nutola will be music to your mouth. It is grain free and Paleo-friendly, as it is full of real food ingredients like honey, and the aroma of it baking in the oven will leave your house smelling lovely.
- 3 c mixed nuts, seeds and coconut flakes, soaked nuts/seeds if possible
- 1 c dried apples, chopped
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1/4 c refined coconut oil, melted + extra for oiling Buy it
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Pulse nuts in a food processor until you get your desired size.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except dried apples, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread in an even, single layer on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before mixing in dried apples then transfer to airtight container.
Donna has always loved cooking, trying new recipes and living a healthy lifestyle, so after learning about the Paleo Diet from a close friend in early 2015, she knew she wanted to give it a try. She feels the happiest, healthiest and most confident that she has ever had in her life and Donna is convinced that it’s from living a primal lifestyle. Donna loves not only what she is doing for herself but also what she is doing for her family. Donna and her husband have a six year old daughter and a five year old son, and live in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Foothills in Northern California where she works and try to spend as much time as she can with her family being active outdoors, exploring and traveling.
You can follow Donna on: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram