This recipe was provided courtesy of Donna Fountaine of Primal Recipe Tester
Eureka! I have created a Thin Crust Pizza Dough that tastes just like the real deal with no almond four, eggs, coconut flavor or cauliflower. There’s no pre-baking and the crust turns out crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. This is a simple grain-free pizza dough that’s easy to make and tastes delish.
- 1 c warm water between 120-130 °F
- 1 1/2 c Grain-Free AP Flour (see below)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + extra
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 . 25 oz packet active dry yeast
- 3 c Otto's Cassava Flour or Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 2 c arrowroot starch
- 1 c coconut flour
- 3 tsp Vital Proteins Grass-Fed Gelatin
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well then add the olive oil, honey and warm water and mix until dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and lightly coat with the extra olive oil. Place the dough ball back in the bowl, drape the bowl with a towel and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the oven with a pizza stone to 550 °F.
- Spread the dough about ¼ inch thick on parchment paper and add desired toppings. Trim excess parchment paper, then use a pizza peel to transfer the pizza onto the pizza stone.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Broil on high for 1-2 minutes to brown the toppings if desired.
- Buon appetito!
Hi I’m Donna! I have always loved cooking, trying new recipes and living a healthy lifestyle, so after learning about the Paleo Diet from a close friend in early 2015, I knew I wanted to give it a try. I feel the happiest, healthiest and most confident that I ever have in my life and I’m convinced that it’s from living a primal lifestyle. I love not only what I’m doing for myself but also what I’m doing for my family. My husband and I have a six year old daughter and a five year old son, and although they don’t always love being Primal, I hope they’ll thank me someday. I live in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Foothills in Northern California where I work and try to spend as much time as I can with my family being active outdoors, exploring and traveling.
You can follow me on: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram