This recipe was contributed courtesy of Donna Fontaine, of Primal Recipe Tester.
Eating a Paleo breakfast can sometimes be a challenge, especially with little ones who are picky. This recipe for Maple Walnut Banana Nutola is reminiscent of a traditional banana nut granola. Your kids will love munching on this for breakfast by itself, or with almond milk as a replacement cereal. It’s also good for snacking on the go!
- 2 c walnuts - Soaked if possible
- 1 c mixed nuts, seeds and coconut flakes (again soaked nuts/seeds if possible)
- 1 c banana chips, chopped
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c refined coconut oil, melted + extra for oiling Buy it
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Pulse nuts in a food processor until you get your desired size.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except banana chips, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread in an even, single layer on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before mixing in banana chips then transfer to airtight container.
Donna has always loved cooking, trying new recipes and living a healthy lifestyle, so after learning about the Paleo Diet from a close friend in early 2015, she knew she wanted to give it a try. She feels the happiest, healthiest and most confident that she has ever had in her life and Donna is convinced that it’s from living a primal lifestyle. Donna loves not only what she is doing for herself but also what she is doing for her family. Donna and her husband have a six year old daughter and a five year old son, and live in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Foothills in Northern California where she works and try to spend as much time as she can with her family being active outdoors, exploring and traveling.
You can follow Donna on: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram