Please note this post contains affiliate links. You can read our Affiliate Disclosure here.
The Christmas season is filled with holiday traditions and excited anticipation of gift-giving, gift-opening, and food-chowing for all who celebrate. Arguably one of the best parts of the holiday season are the food, and the drinks! If you’re trying to keep an eye on the amount of sugar and “junk” you consume though, it can definitely be really difficult to keep things in check if you aren’t aware of how to create delicious and healthier substitutes for your holiday favorites.
Egg nog is one of those beverages that seems to only surface around the Christmas holiday, often enjoyed at Christmas parties, work parties, or with family. But traditional egg nog isn’t so healthy as it is usually made with heavy cream (from conventional, hormone filled, antibiotic and GMO cows,) and factory farmed eggs, and combined with a ton of GMO sugar. While there are Organic varieties of egg nog in stores, it certainly isn’t Paleo friendly.
Egg nog really is not that difficult to make! Or even that difficult to make Paleo-friendly. This recipe for Paleo Egg Nog is a cinch to whip up at home, and only takes a couple of minutes! It should serve 3-5 people.
- 1 33.8 oz carton of Coconut Milk
- 8 organic, pastured egg yolks (yes, 8)
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar (or 1 cup if you prefer sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
- a pinch of pink sea salt
- Pour the carton of coconut milk in a food processor or blender (the Aroy D brand is perfect for this recipe because it is extremely thick, similar to a heavy cream. We cannot guarantee this recipe will work with other coconut milk brands).
- Add your egg yolks, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Blend on high til everything is combined.
- Chill and serve! Top with SoDelicious Coconut Whipped Topping or make homemade coconut cream if you desire a whipped topping.