This recipe was provided courtesy of Donna Fountaine of Primal Recipe Tester
This Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe makes you forget all about the bakery. These Primal cookies are crispy on the outside, ooey gooey on the inside, have a hint of butter and are grain free, nut free, and refined-sugar free. You could even make these dairy-free by omitting the clarified butter and using all coconut oil. There is quite a bit of coconut sugar in these, but they are still a much healthier alternative to regular cookies!
- Combine the coconut palm sugar, melted clarified butter and melted coconut oil in a large bowl and mix with a hand blender on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and blend for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and blend by hand and then on low until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips then place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. 24 hours is ideal, but who's really going to wait that long?*
- Preheat oven to 350 °F with rack in the center.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.** Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool for another 10, if you can wait that long.
- *If you do let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours, you'll want to increase the bake time by 1-2 minutes.
- **To get cookies with an uneven top, roll dough into a ball, gently tear the ball in half then smoosh dough back together with torn sides up.
Hi I’m Donna! I have always loved cooking, trying new recipes and living a healthy lifestyle, so after learning about the Paleo Diet from a close friend in early 2015, I knew I wanted to give it a try. I feel the happiest, healthiest and most confident that I ever have in my life and I’m convinced that it’s from living a primal lifestyle. I love not only what I’m doing for myself but also what I’m doing for my family. My husband and I have a six year old daughter and a five year old son, and although they don’t always love being Primal, I hope they’ll thank me someday. I live in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Foothills in Northern California where I work and try to spend as much time as I can with my family being active outdoors, exploring and traveling. You can follow me on: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram